Friday, September 24, 2010

Roommates

I guess I haven't really explained much about my roommates other than my hatred.  Here goes nothing.  My room roommate that actually sleeps in the same room and talk on the phone all the time is name Daniel Burnside, he goes by Dani.  He is from Colombia, and then Miami, but goes to Penn St. He is gigantic like 6'4" and solid. I guess one good thing is I will have back up in a fight.

Next, Antonio.  Antonio is a very nice 26 year-old Spaniard.  He is from Cadíz, which is a port town that I have been told it is the oldest city in western Europe.  It has been the same size for over a thousand+ years because it is surround on three sides by water and on the fourth by an enormous fortress wall.  He is also a gigantic human being, 6'6" or so but very very lanky. His major is mechanical engineering and at times his schedule is that of a vampire, good for me if we had a common room to hang out it... He is hilarious and loves to learn about American sayings, "okey-dokey," "see-ya later alligator, after a while..." He likes soccer and we go watch the games at the bar around the corner sometimes.

My other roommate is named Nick, he is from Boston/Florida and is really cool. He goes to Brandeis in Boston. He's going to be reading this so I have to say nice things about him but if my blog were as unknown to him as it is Dani I would still write the same thing. He's a really smart guy and has a nice girlfriend named Emily who comes over a lot. If she were crazy like Dani's girlfriend (who is fucking crazy through the computer when he's not even in the room, called 8 times in a row while I was taking a nap once) things would probably be different. But she is nice and made him soup when he was sick and isn't loud and is respectful! Hooray! I tried to move into his room to no avail, which sucks because his room is bigger than mine and has its own bathroom...wtf, right?

I just got another roommate today, he is the baby of the group at 18 years old. His name is Pablo and he's from the Canary Islands which I thought was pretty badass. I don't know much about him yet other than that he boiled an egg and made my entire floor smell like shit.

I'm also getting one more roommate, I'm not sure when but it should be this weekend considering that classes start on Monday. Maybe we won't get another roommate and we'll have an empty room for me to move into. I don't know why I have such wishful thinking when it's not going to happen.

2 comments:

  1. did you get another roommate this weekend? by the way, this comment and the second google map related comment is from Dad. I forgot I was signed in under mom's account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get another room mate or do you get to have a room to your own self? Your photos are amazing. The Ducks actually won without you. Elinore sends her love.

    ReplyDelete