Friday, September 10, 2010

The classes are coming! The classes are coming!



Well I woke up today and actually got to eat breakfast for the first time in Sevilla! Although, I must say I was disappointed. I had heard that breakfast was the least important meal of the day, but I was not expecting to walk into the dining hall and find a few pieces of bread, some jam, butter, and something that smelled like poop in a can. After eating alone I returned to my room to see my hungover roommate jump violently in his bed upon my entrance (which happens every time any noise is made while he is sleeping). As I am typing this his loud voice continues to echo inside my head. Which may cause me to change rooms soon, or so I hope. Jesus I wish I had a volume button, and I'm sure the rest of the people in my flat are thinking the exact same thing (I keep typing on flat instead of in...it makes way more sense, like the floor is flat and you're on it.. right?)

Okay, well the reason I got on to my blog (I hate saying those two words together) was because I signed up for my classes today. I think I am going to get all the classes that I asked for but I won't find out until a later date which I have not yet determined. Get ready, its a pretty exciting schedule.

On Mondays and Wednesdays I have signed up for La Imagen de España a través del Cine (The Image of Spain on the Cinema Screen) from 9-11 in the morning and also Literatura de los Márgenes en España y América (Latin American and Spanish Lit. of the Margins) from 5-6:40 at night, giving me plenty of time for siesta. Tuesdays and Thursdays I signed up for  Redacción and Composición de Textos (Writing and Composition of texts) from 11-1 and Literatura Hispanoamericana (Latin American Lit.) from 1-3 in the afternoon. I think my schedule is pretty good considering that I have time for siesta MW and am also air conditioned during the hottest part of the day on TR. I know you're probably all thinking how boring, but if it all works out each class will transfer, leaving me with only two more Spanish classes once I return to Oregon. That last sentence was terrible.

I have actually already told my resident coordinator about the situation with my roommate (he talks on the phone all day and night until 3 in the morning with his girlfriend) and she was very understanding. I think they test the CIEE employees for mean bones before they're hired; all of them are some of the nicest people in España I'm sure of it. I have talked to my roommate about it and he says it will be better but I am skeptical. I'm giving him a few days to turn it around before I decide to actually live elsewhere.

Here are some photos of the street(s) in front of my house and also my front door:
 


Ps. Sorry, I miss you too Neggi and am glad you care about me.


No comments:

Post a Comment