Saturday, September 18, 2010

Alcazar


Okay, so I went to the royal palace in Sevilla, las Reales Alcazares de Sevilla, last Tuesday and it was incredible. I already said this but I took 265 pictures or something while I was there and eventually my battery died. The palace is a mix of Muslim and Christian influences and is enormous.  Although it is currently huge, in the past it was much larger and took up a great part of the city. It was here that Amerigo Vespucci, Magellan, and Columbus planned their journey to America/around the world (for Magellan). It was pretty incredible to think that I was in the same room as the people who discovered the rest of the world. As much as I love typing, I feel like posting a lot of pictures of this place would help whoever you are to understand how sweet it is. So ya, I'll try and do some captions or something.
Where Columbus and other explorers prayed before leaving for America

This thing is ENORMOUS
go ducks
this is what you'd recognize


Well I got really tired of waiting for these photos and of attempting to think of captions. Maybe I'll try again later. If not, enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. this place looks nuts (in a good way). i like all the outside stuff. and heyyooo happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete