Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Soccer

So I went to go play soccer with some Spaniards from the residency today.  No not on grass, they don't have grass in this city of stone and concrete.  Instead, we played on a concrete court (I guess you call it that, I don't really know) which is terrible for my turf shoes, and even worse for the brand new cleats I bought before coming here.  We all pitched in to buy a ball because apparently everyone in Spain doesn't play soccer religiously... They don't really practice religion too religiously either.  After going to the front of the main residency at 4:00pm and waiting a solid twenty minutes for it to be 4:00pm Spanish time (think Mexican time) we all met up and headed to the "court," which was located along the river next to the main bus station and one of the bigger bridges in town.  We played Americans v. Spaniards and us Americans won because we're so cool.  It was a fun experience and a good way to make friends with Spaniards since I didn't have to trip over my words the whole time.  After the game the brand new ball we bought was basically destroyed, so I guess I understand why they didn't have one to begin with.  I'll try and remember to bring my camera the next time I go play so all of you beautiful people can actually see what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Good for the Americans! To bad the US National team couldn't score against Chile.

    ReplyDelete