Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cadiz - a little late

I never posted anything on my trip to Cadiz.  It's about an hour and a half or so from Sevilla and it's like the oldest city in Western Europe, like over a thousand years old.  The size of the city hasn't changed in those thousand years because it is surrounded by water on three sides and a massive wall on the other.  I guess you could say it was pretty much like Sevilla except that it has a beach.  Cadiz also happens to be the hometown of Antonio, one of my piso-mates (flat-mates).  There weren't as many topless sunbathers as I was expecting.  It was nice to get some fresh air and see some open space, even though the open space was the ocean.  I would talk about my thoughts on the ocean but I think that might be too negative and gross.  Well, I don't really remember too much information on Cadiz but I hope you like the pictures.

Humongous wall that spans the side of the city that isn't covered with water.
So many random boats...
Shore line with a bunch of cubes. Its weird how they just build the city and tell the ocean to stop.
This picture won't load straight for some reason...maybe its the curly trees messing with the computer.
bust a move
These trees were crazy. The branches were like 10 feet in diameter and grew out sideways. Some of them were supported by metal posts on the ground.

pretty sweet cathedral

One of the guides from CIEE, he went to Granada too. Alejandro. All the girls want to be in his group. because he is cute. 

Definitely thought this looked cooler in person.


View from the top of the cathedral tower. You can kind of see the fact that Cadiz is surrounded by water.
Plaza in front the cathedral. That is the floor plan of the cathedral, I thought it was pretty cool. 
They called this the light house because it was the first thing ships would see when coming in to port. At least during the day when the sun would reflect off of it...at night not so much.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, everything is so different from Holland where we lived. I want to spend time in Spain sometime soon. Great pics, looking forward to the ones from Barca

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe u should come visit eh eh eh eh

    ReplyDelete